Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yay! Cultural juxtapositions!

With the exhibition in full swing, I thought I'd take a little time to have a well-deserved break. Months ago, Katarina and Magnus told me that they'd be going to their summer cottage with the kids in GrÀnna. So, this weekend, I jumped a train and headed for Swedish countryside to say my goodbyes for a little while...



...and it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. There's no wonder why Swedish politics are so concerned about 'keeping Sweden Swedish'---the quaintness and untouched beauty of the rural countryside really is breathtakingly special. 

And then, once jumping the train back to Gothenburg, I went to this:


AndralÄnggatan Fest: a massive open-air street festival with electronica DJs, secondhand couches, plastic bags of beer and just the smallest hint of weed. The place was filled with hipsters, but I managed to hang out with the cool kids. ;)

What a weekend of contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment